Super Easy Buns
(Credits: Recipe from Del)
Makes 12 nos.
- 3 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1/3 cup Lukewarm Water
- 4-1/2 cup Plain Flour, divided
- 1-1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Dissolve yeast in the lukewarm water; Set aside; Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt shortening; Add milk on medium heat until warm but not bubbling.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, eggs and (A). Stir briskly till well blended. Add the remaining 2-1/2 cups flour; Mix till smooth (cake batter consistency). Cover with a damp tea towel and let sit until doubled in volume.
- On a clean counter, dust surface with flour. Pour out dough from blow onto flour area. Pat dough into a round shape, about 1/2-inch thick. *** DO NOT KNEAD!!!***
- Shape dough into balls about the size of your open plam (or any size you prefer). Place each ball onto a slightly buttered cookie sheet, slighty touching each other. When done, cover with a damp tea towel , let sit for 20 minutes for final proofing.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 450 °F (230 °C) for 10 minutes or slightly brown. Depending on the size of each rolled dough ball.